My Garden & Allotment
|Welcome to my garden and my essential tools for getting things done.|
What's it like at VP Gardens?
Both my garden and allotment are on a limestone clay soil on the northern edge of Chippenham and my allotment is about a mile away as the crow flies from home.
They're possibly in the equivalent of Zone 8a, though my results are nothing like their American zonal equivalent. I explained why that might be here.
My Open Garden blog - used to raise £1,085 for WaterAid in 2008 - is a tour which will give you a very good idea of what my garden and allotment are like.
Also in 2008, I took photos of both my plots every fortnight, so you can see how they change over the seasons by having a look here.
Some key insights
I've written some key posts about my gardening, mainly in response to questions asked by my fellow bloggers.
- Why do I garden? looks at the basics, though I forgot to say how important experimentation is to my gardening
- I've also pondered my Signature Plants, my Plant of the Centenary, plus whether my garden needs a Mission Statement
- I've had two goes at putting together my list of Desert Island Plants - here and here.
- My First Plant describes the first plant I chose to grow, which also sowed the seeds for this very blog.
Looking for something in particular?
Use the Search facility at the top left of the page above the Veg Plotting banner. NB It's like a Google search, but confined within my blog.
Other views of my garden or allotment
- Karen @ Artist's Garden - October 2010